User Accounts on Our Website
Why create an account?
You need a user account in order to register for an event, join the Conservancy, renew your membership, or make a donation to our Preservation Advocacy Fund.
Even if you're a Conservancy member, you do not have an account (username or password) until you create one on this website.
We require user accounts for several reasons:
- To make sure you receive member access and discounts (e.g., for our members-only presales for Last Remaining Seats)
- To make future transactions more convenient for you by pre-filling certain information (and, if you'd like, storing a credit card)
- To ensure the accuracy of your information and reduce the duplication of records, which can confusion
Your user account is a one-stop shop. You can use it at any time to:
- Update your contact information
- Update your email preferences to subscribe or unsubscribe from any of our email newsletters
- Manage membership preferences, such as how you receive your member newsletter and renewal notices
- Update your payment information for monthly memberships or auto-renewal
How do I create an account?
Creating an account requires just three pieces of information: Your first name, your last name, and the email address you'd like to use for your transactions on this website. You can also subscribe (or confirm your subscriptions) to any or all of our email newsletters.
You can create an account in one of two ways:
- At any time, by clicking Sign in at the top of any page, clicking the Create an Account tab, and completing the brief form
- As part of any online transaction, by completing the same form
What if there's more than one person in my household?
Each person in your household should have their own user account. If you have a household membership (available for all levels except $40 annual Individual), both user accounts will be connected to the membership, so you can both take advantage of your membership benefits.
How do you use my account information?
We use your account information only to provide you the information and services you want, from event registrations and membership management to email newsletters.
We do not share phone numbers or email addresses with anyone.
We occasionally trade mailing addresses of members with other like-minded organizations; you can opt out of list exchanges by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your user account has a tab for Stored Cards. While you can see partial information about your credit card here (and use it for future purchases), the Los Angeles Conservancy does not store this information locally. This information is stored by iATS, a company that handles payment processing for nonprofits including the Conservancy. You can add, delete, or update card information at any time.
We'll continue to enhance this system over time, and we welcome your feedback. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at email@example.com or (213) 623-2489.
Revised May 10, 2016