Past Meets Present Walking Tour
This tour explores how the historic sites of Los Angeles' past are shaping its future. Stroll the streets of downtown as our wonderful docents show you how architectural treasures of the past became a unique location for nightlife and a growing urban population.
You’ll walk through a National Register Historic District, see how the “Wall Street of the West” has transformed through the years, and witness how historic buildings continue to serve the community through new uses. Learn how a former bank became the world-famous Last Bookstore, an abandoned streetcar terminal was transformed into a luxury apartment complex, and other pre-1930s office buildings became popular bars, clubs, and restaurants.
Past Meets Present is currently only available as a private group tour.
Reservations Required. Meeting information will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
- Tour will run rain or shine.
- No refunds. You can change your reservation date if you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before your original reservation date.
- No pets.
- This tour not recommended for young children.
- Strollers not recommended.
- If a member of your party is in a wheelchair, please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com.