Join the Professional Services Directory
When historic property owners hire a professional for maintenance, repair, or construction—anything from fixing a leaky faucet to designing a new addition—many consult our professional services directory to find the right services and expertise.
As you know, older buildings can have special needs. We want to make sure that these structures receive the highest level of care so that we all can continue to enjoy and learn from them for generations to come.
That’s where you come in. Advertising your services in the Conservancy's professional services directory will connect you with property owners looking for the person or firm to get the job done without compromising historic integrity.
While many of the Conservancy's preservation battles are fought over high-profile buildings, there are hundreds of thousands of historic structures throughout the region—some grand and some humble—that undergo more routine battles requiring the special touch of someone who understands the importance of working with a building’s character.
If you have the special knowledge and skills that these jobs require, we encourage you to advertise in the directory. For just $120 per year, you can share your expertise with owners throughout Greater Los Angeles looking to hire professionals who can work on projects running the gamut from routine maintenance to major construction.
What We Offer
- Our website receives thousands of unique visitors each month, and we receive calls every day from owners looking for the right company to work on their historic buildings.
- The directory is prominently featured on our website and accessible to the public, free of charge.
- Your business will be listed according to your specialty (or specialties), including contact information, a brief description of the work you do, and a link to your website.
Prime Candidates for the Directory
- Anyone who works on—and appreciates—historic buildings.
- All trades and professions involved with historic structures are welcome - building maintenance, repair, design, fabrication, finishes, sales, construction, and consultants.
What We Ask from You
- $120 a year puts you in the directory and in front of thousands of potential customers. You can select up to five categories for your listing to appear under at the $120 fee; for an additional $60 you can add your listing in up to five more categories. (Please note that this fee only provides advertising in the directory. We hope that you’ll also consider joining the Conservancy to enjoy membership benefits such as our bi-monthly newsletter and discounts for Conservancy events.
- Two references are required for recent jobs your company has completed on historic structures.
- Quality work—we expect your customers to be satisfied with your work and with your ability to successfully meet the special needs of historic structures. Substantiated customer complaints may lead to removal from the directory.
- Complete and submit the Application Form, Reference Form, and Specialization Checklist, with payment.
- If your references look good, that’s it—you’re in the directory!
We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions about the directory, please contact Liz Leshin at firstname.lastname@example.org.