Lou Ehlers Cadillac (Demolished)
Opened in 1955, the Lou Ehlers showroom was designed by the noted firm of Stiles O. Clements & Associates. Floor-to-ceiling plate glass windows gave passing motorists and pedestrians unobstructed views of the showroom floor, while the use of Cadillac's logo for immense script signage on the building's exterior attracted customers from afar. The building was one of the three most significant postwar auto showrooms remaining in Los Angeles, along with Casa de Cadillac in Sherman Oaks and Felix Chevrolet near the University of Southern California's University Park campus. Despite intensive advocacy efforts to save it, the dealership was demolished in 2008.