ModCom Working Group
We're excited to announce the formation of a new Working Group to help inform, advise, and assist the Conservancy and its Modern Committee (ModCom) in saving significant Modern architecture and places throughout Los Angeles County.
Through a small group of volunteers and leadership from the Conservancy, the Working Group will provide a hands-on opportunity to work closely and collaboratively to develop advocacy strategies. Activities will vary and may include:
- Monitoring Modern resources at risk
- Surveying and identifying significant resources
- Attending meetings, hearings, and rallies
- Mobilizing supporters
- Writing letters, emails, and postcards for urgent issues
- Researching and writing local nominations
The Working Group will engage Modern architecture advocates and include approximately fifteen people, including members of the ModCom Executive Council, Advocacy staff from the Conservancy, and interested participants. Additional members will be selected and initially asked to serve one-year terms.
Working Group participants should:
- Commit to attending scheduled meetings to ensure full participation
- Demonstrate a strong interest and/or experience in Modern architecture and the recent past of Los Angeles County
- Lend individual expertise to the Conservancy and ModCom when needed (e.g., photography, research, legal counsel, writing)
- Serve as ambassadors for the Conservancy and ModCom by having a working knowledge of the organization as a whole and all of its programs and activities
- Promote general support of the Conservancy through membership and event attendance
- Be a member of the Conservancy
The Working Group will meet four times a year, on the third Monday of the relevant month at 7 p.m. (ending no later than 9 p.m.).
Meetings will take place at the Conservancy’s office in downtown Los Angeles (523 West Sixth Street, Suite 826) or another location to be determined.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Conservancy office at (213) 623-2489.