Westwood Presbyterian Church | Los Angeles Conservancy
Photo by Larry Underhill

Westwood Presbyterian Church

Anxious to begin services in their own building, the members of the Westwood Presbyterian Church moved a small real estate office from a few blocks away to their hilltop location in 1949 and retrofitted it to serve as a church.

Several years later, they built the current Gothic-styled sanctuary, keeping their original building as a fellowship hall, and continuing to expand the campus to serve the growing congregation.

Target
Photo by Tom Davies

Robinson’s/Target

Designed for the affluent postwar Pasadena shopper, this former Robinson's was planned and sited to include prime viewing spots for the Rose Parade.