Hollywood Reporter Building
Located on Sunset Boulevard, the Regency Moderne Hollywood Reporter Building reflects the development of the entertainment industry.
The Hollywood Reporter Building is historically significant both for its Regency Moderne architecture and its association with publisher and businessman William Wilkerson and The Hollywood Reporter.
Wilkerson founded the entertainment trade newspaper in 1930, which operated from the property for six decades. The Reporter was one of only two local publications, the other being Variety, that were devoted solely to entertainment news.
Wilkerson, who started legendary Hollywood nightclubs including Café Trocadero and Ciro’s, developed the Hollywood Reporter property during the 1930s and 40s, which evolved to include three connected structures.
The Hollywood Reporter operated out of the entire property through the early 1990s. L.A. Weekly next occupied the building through 2008, and replaced the entrance signage with the name of their publication, while utilizing similar lettering. The structure currently houses the telefundraising firm Donor Services Group.
Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza
All Seasons Brewing Co./Firestone Tire and Service Center