Fine Arts Theatre
The Regina, as it was originally called, was one of more than 150 West Coast theatres designed by B. Marcus Priteca (who designed all the Pantages theatres from 1910 to 1929).
Steep setbacks and clean geometric styling characterize the facade of this classic zigzag moderne theatre, whose street presence is defined by a neon-adorned marquee and vertical blade sign.
It was remodeled and renamed the Fine Arts Theatre in 1948. After a restoration that returned the theatre to its deco glory, it reopened as the Cecchi Gori Fine Arts Theatre in 1993.
In 2005, it was purchased and upgraded as a digital screening room for independent film, which closed in 2009.
In 2014, a philanthropist purchased the theatre with intentions of renovating it to "clean it up, reopen it and let it evolve, with the intention of bringing more live performances and serving the Beverly Hills community."
Laemmle Theatres took over the management and operation of the theatre in September 2015, and it is now open daily.