Sephardic Temple Tifereth Israel | Los Angeles Conservancy
Photo by Larry Underhill

Sephardic Temple Tifereth Israel

Established in 1920, the Sephardic community in Los Angeles built its first synagogue in 1932 and moved to larger quarters on Wilshire in 1975.

This temple is built of stones, designed to evoke the style of the Old City of Jerusalem, with its massive lines and monumental arches.

The synagogue's social hall, Amado Hall, was completed in 1975, followed by the temple sanctuary in 1981.

Circus Disco, 2015. Photo by Laura Dominguez/L.A. Conservancy.

Circus Disco

From 1975 to 2016, Circus Disco was a significant social and cultural anchor for LGBTQ Latinxs in Los Angeles.
Photo courtesy of GPA Consulting, Inc

Los Cinco Puntos

Located at the crossroads of Boyle Heights and East Los Angeles, Los Cinco Puntos reveals two meaningful local traditions.