Community Leadership Boot Camp
Older and historic neighborhoods are changing quickly, not always with preservation in mind. What can you do to ensure the places you love are kept and protected, including longtime businesses and a good mix of housing types for all? How can you help maintain our neighborhoods’ cultural fabric and the people who live and work there?
The Conservancy's Community Leadership Boot Camp prepares leaders from across L.A. County to be effective advocates of historic and cultural places. The curriculum offers best practices and lessons from the field, heightens awareness of current local preservation issues, and deepens individual and group leadership skills.
As a Community Leadership Boot Camp participant, you will:
- Deepen your understanding of preservation as a powerful planning tool
- Learn to make a compelling case for preserving a place you care about
- Explore ways to engage allies and win support for preservation
Upcoming Boot Camp Dates:
- Orientation, Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- Session 1, Saturday, April 1, 2023, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Session 2, Saturday, April 8, 2023, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Session 3, Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- Session 4, Saturday, April 22, 2023, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Session 5, Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 2023, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Sessions will be held online via Zoom with the exception of Session 4 (April 22), which will be an in-person field session. Attendance at all sessions is mandatory.