Constructed by an unknown architect at South Pasadena's most prominent commercial intersection, the building was significantly altered when it was converted to a furniture store in the 1950s.
This branch of the Security National Bank was constructed in 1922 by an unknown architect, at South Pasadena's most prominent commercial intercetion, Mission Street. and Fair Oaks Avenue. It was converted into a furniture store in the 1950s, which involved major alterations to both the interior and exterior.
The building sits at the confluence of two early alignments of Route 66, and along two Pacific Electric Red Car lines that shuttled commuters and shoppers between Los Angeles, South Pasadena and Pasadena during the bank's heyday.