Eugene W. Britt House | Los Angeles Conservancy
Photo from Conservancy archives

Eugene W. Britt House

This Neoclassical mansion was designed by local architect Alfred F. Rosenheim, who also designed the nearby Second Church of Christ, Scientist. Reflecting the fine luxury homes of turn-of-the-century L.A., most of the fixtures and materials in the Britt House were imported, including Italian marble.

The house was meticulously restored and rehabilitated in 1982 for use as a public sports museum. It now serves as headquarters of the LA84 Foundation, a youth sports nonprofit created from the proceeds of the 1984 Olympic Games. Located in the West Adams Terrace Historic Preservation Overlay Zone, it won a 1984 Conservancy Preservation Award, and is a local, state, and nationally registered landmark.

Woodside
Photo courtesy Architectural Resources Group

Woodside

A distinctive collection of rambling, horizontally oriented Contemporary Ranch buildings on curvilinear streets, Woodland Hills' Woodside neighborhood was completed in 1959 and remains a wonderfully intact postwar neighborhood.
Photo by Mike Hume

The Woman's Building

Established in 1973, The Woman's Building fostered experimental lesbian and feminist art for nearly twenty years.
Photo by Jessica Hodgdon/L.A. Conservancy

Liberation House

The original Liberation House in Hollywood represented a response to the increasing numbers of LGBTQ individuals living on the streets in the 1970s.