Walking Tour Volunteers
Tour guides are at the heart of our education programs.
Tour guides are integral in engaging and educating the Los Angeles community about the value of historic places and spaces. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable volunteers lead various weekly tours of Downtown Los Angeles, educating and entertaining both student and adult audiences with the stories of our diverse cityscape.
We actively seek applicants who are interested in working with student (K-12 grade) audiences and the general public.
No prior experience is necessary; simply a passion for Los Angeles history and heritage and an openness and generosity for learning.
Fall 2023 Training
Training class space is limited and application selection is based on best fit for current volunteer needs. The hybrid training program is offered at no cost and chosen applicants will need to be available for all training classes, and are expected to lead tours on a consistent basis.
The next training cycle is coming up! We will be offering two training classes.
- October 11th – 7 PM on Zoom
- October 14th, 21th, 28th – 1 – 3 PM In-Person
- November 1st – 7 PM on Zoom
- November 4th, 11th, 18th – 1 – 3 PM In-Person
- Become more familiar with the LA Conservancy’s mission and work, including experiential education and heritage advocacy perspectives.
- Build confidence in delivering inclusive and dynamic historical and architectural information to various audiences.
- Learn tour content in a supportive peer-mentorship environment in preparing to be a walking tour guide.
To learn more, please reach out to Lia Schifitto, Volunteer & Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in general volunteering for the Conservancy, please fill out the New Volunteer Form.
If you have never volunteered with the Conservancy and are interested in becoming a guide, please fill out BOTH forms linked above.
To learn more, please contact our Volunteer & Program Coordinator, Lia Schifitto, at email@example.com.